Recently there have been a few new vulnerabilities detected in the Plesk Control panel systems, to ensure that your server is not at any potential risk you should perform the updates.
Plesk Critical Security Vulnerability
The developers of the Plesk Control Panel, have advised customers that they have identified an SQL injection vulnerability in early point releases of the Plesk Control Panel.
How to check what version of Plesk your running
- Log into your Plesk Control Panel
- Your Version number will be displayed in the top right hand corner of the screen or in the System Overview section.
- Plesk 10 – Update to Plesk 10.3.1 Micro Update #6 or later. Plesk 10 Update Instructions
Why not update all the way to the latest version of Plesk, personally I find it easy to use and far more user firendly.
- Plesk 9 – Update to Plesk 9.5.4 Micro Update #11. Plesk 9 Update Instructions
- Plesk 8 – Update to Plesk 8.6.0 Micro Update #2. Plesk 8 Update Instructions
- Plesk 10 – Update to Plesk 10.3.1 Micro Update #6 or later. Plesk 10 Update Instructions Plesk recommends that you update all the way to Plesk 10.4.4 to provide the most stable user experience
- Plesk 9 – Apply fix from Parallels Knowledge Base. Plesk 9 Update Instructions
- Plesk 8 – Apply fix from Parallels Knowledge Base. Plesk 8 Update Instructions
Please note: If you are already at or above the Version and Micro Update levels indicated above – you are already protected from this vulnerability.