To Remove the VAT from the Basket of your shop you will need to do the following.
1. Move your mouse over the Setting Tab and Click on the “Tax Calculation” option in the menu
2. Click on the “Tax model” tab
3. Choose the “gross prices (Prices include VAT)” option by clicking the radio box.
4. Make sure that the (Display tax) option is set to “No” then click the Save button.
5. Customise the texts that the customers will see on your product pages, by Default this will have messages about VAT, you may just want to remove them.
6. Edit your texts then click the “Save” button.
7. Refresh your shop cache then try an order, you should see in the basket there is no no longer a reference to VAT or Tax